Tuesday, October 5, 2010

He's a cute, cuddly, little bumble bee!


Did I actually get a hat done in just a weekend? It feels like it has been forever since I have been able to start and finish a project in the same weekend! Life has been soo crazy (good, but crazy), and time seems to just slip away! My husband and I had a very busy weekend. The baby celebrated 2 years this past weekend! He was too cute opening gifts and trying to blow out his candle, "help please!". After the party, mom and lil sis came back to our apartment to make Halloween cookies. I was having mega trouble with the dough, but eventually got it to roll out nicely. We had fun decorating them with icing...should have taken pics, ooops! After all that, we moved a load of stuff, ate dinner with the fam, and then came back home. Sunday was pretty much the same, more moving and time with the fam. But....I did manage to finish my sister's Hufflepuff beret!! And of course, my husband loves being goofy and modeled it for all of you to see since my sister wasn't around to try it on! HAH!

Already have one panel of her skirt done. I showed it to her last night and she loved it (along with her beret!). I love making things for her and just seeing how her face lights up when I show her my latest project! Hoping the skirt goes quickly so that I can make her some stockings or something to match.

Anywho, big shout outs to my grandma and aunt who are continually on the hunt for yarn! I really appreciate their time and effort, going to thrift stores and garage sales looking for knitting supplies (shout outs to their friends as well who also find me yarn!). The scraps are awesome and are great for holding stitches, making swatches, and making intarsia and fairisle color blocks! Sometimes they get lucky and find a whole bag of the same color! Even though I am having a blast making things for Harry Potter, I am getting sick of working with the same color and with the same wool. Can't wait to make some things for Christmas, which hopefully includes Stockings for my husband and I!

Well, back to knitting and packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment