Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gryffindor!!!!



I am so excited! I just finished my Harry Potter set!!! AND I finished right on time! I made goals for myself in order to keep the pressure on and to get my fingers moving faster! I decided back when I took on this Harry Potter project that I would devote one month to each set, starting with August and the Ravenclaw house. September was for my set, and October is for my sister's set.

I was really worried that I wouldn't finish on time with my set, but as luck would have it, I found a few extra hours in my day and was able to power through and get it all done! Now I am just hoping that the weather will get cooler so we can wear these awesome sets!

For my sister's Hufflepuff set, I originally decided on a simple jumper dress, almost like a tunic, and was going to pair it with some leggings. But yesterday, after perusing my usual knitting pattern sites, I came upon this extremely cute button down skirt with patterned pleats!!! I emailed her the picture and she loved it, so tomorrow I begin!!!

I did learn quite a bit from my very first sweater (with sleeves). I cannot wait to make another one!!! Well, before I start a new project, I guess I should do some more packing....the big move is coming up quick and our weekends are packed! So back to doing something productive! I have the day off tomorrow because it's the baby's birthday this weekend!! Happy 2 to a very special boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment