Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Magic Loop and Domo!


After finishing the Harry Potter project, I immediately wanted to start a short project, just something to keep me knitting but nothing too involved. I spotted this pattern a while back, and after seeing my husband's reaction, knew that I had to make these for him. The only problem: I had never made a thumb gusset before :(

I wasn't exactly thrilled with the idea of having to make mitts on double pointed needles, so I did some research on the magic loop and thought it looked pretty easy. IT WAS!!! I will never use double pointed needles again! (unless I absolutely have to). The magic loop was incredibly easy! And making the thumb gusset was even easier! So here they are, another item for my husband (better not hear anymore complaining from him that he doesn't ever get any knitted items!).

And now, Im already on my new project, a pair of cabled convertible mittens! My husband and I are thinking about going to New York in about 3 weeks for the International Quidditch Association World Cup and will need some warm clothes (or at least accessories!). The plan: to make matching cabled mitts, cowl (or infinity scarf or moebius), and matching hat (or headband/ear warmers). Wish me luck!!! If I have time, I might even put together a sweater!!! haha. I really am an overachiever!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment