Thursday, October 21, 2010

Done Please!


As my favorite toddler would say, "Done Please!" YAY! Im done Im done Im done!!! But also bummed slightly...

So I finally finished all three of our Harry Potter Sets!! WOO! It has been a crazy 3 months but it was totally worth it! Not only did I finish, but again, finished BEFORE my deadline! woo! AND I have already started another project, hehe!

I am so proud of myself for taking on such a massive project in what seems to have been the busiest 3 months of our married lives! haha. Between work, moving, and everything else, I have managed to tackle the most involved projects of my knitting career! hehe. Very exciting stuff! I am so happy! And so glad it is over! The sets turned out awesome! And while they have a few flaws, overall, I am very very very happy with the end result! I cannot wait to see everyone in their outfits on Saturday, which brings me to why I am slightly bummed...

My photographer friend is in town this week. Originally, she was going to accompany us to Harry Potter World at Islands of Adventure (Universal) and take our Christmas card pictures there this Saturday. Unfortunately, she will not be able to due to time constraints, so I am having to settle for pictures with her in our own version of the Forbidden Forest. I have worked so hard on these outfits and want some great pictures. Im sure all will work out. Besides, mom has offered to help us with pictures one weekend at HPW. Most people do their own pictures for Christmas cards anyways and then let Walgreens do the rest....so maybe my plans won't be ruined completely....here's to hoping my camera does an adequate job (hint hint hint hubby and family, I want a new camera!!!, thanks!).

So onto my new project before tackling some Christmas patterns. I am making Domo fingerless mitts for the hubby. Most of you probably don't know what Domo is, and to be honest, I didn't really know either until hubby showed it to me at the Japan store in Epcot. Pictures to follow. Already started them and they are going rather quickly. Even using a new technique!! Magic-loop! And having to make a thumb gusset for the first time! Okay, back to knitting and watching Dr. Quinn!

No comments:

Post a Comment