Sunday, April 25, 2010

We're home, with lots of yarn!!!



Stitches South was amazing! Im not really sure where to even start....

We all managed to get off work by 1pm on Friday, and were soon on the road. We made great time getting up there, and the hotel was pretty easy to find. My husband said the traffic was a little on the heavy side, I however wouldnt know as I tend to sleep on most car rides.

The best part about Friday night was going down to the lobby to look around and this is what we saw: A bunch of ladies (young and old) sitting in bath robes and shower caps, listening to techno/club music, and knitting while sipping on cosmos!!!!!

Saturday we took our time getting to the Stitches Market. There were over 600 tables of vendors! Extremely overwhelming! We made a loop around first, just trying to take everything in. Then we took a second loop around and that is when I get into trouble! Too much yarn! A lot of vendors had bags of yarn on discount, so that is where I picked up the Noro sock yarn. Of course, I wont be making socks with it, but still, awesome prices! Luckily, I knew how much I would have paid for that back home, so I knew I was getting a good deal. At that same vendor, I also picked up some glow in the dark yarn! I have a special project in mind for that!

My mother in law treated me to a great bag! I cant even begin to describe all of its functions but basically you can put needles on the inside pockets. Then you can unzip the entire bag so that the needles and pockets are on the outside and you can put your yarn on the inside. It also turns into a backpack. Very cool! cant wait to fill it up with all my needles!

Lets see, I also got a Tunisian crochet hook! this thing is really cool! Its a hybrid between knitting and crocheting! Its super easy and a lot of fun! Afghans here we come! I also picked up some cute patterns, a shirt, and some other books and things!

My husband even took a knitting class! he got a free pair of square needles and some wool. He did very good! so proud of him!!!

All of us agreed that we are going back next year! And this time I think Ill bring patterns with me so I know what kind of yarn to be looking for! Soooo many pretty colors and fibers! Cant wait for next year!!!

For now, back to unpacking and laundry!

No comments:

Post a Comment