Thursday, April 8, 2010

Pictures of the Elmo blanket!



As you all know from my last post, the Elmo blanket is finally done! WOO! So now I get to move on to other projects (like the drop stitch scarf that I am almost done with!).

Went to Knit! the past few days thanks to spring break. Bought some great stuff with my coupon! Got some black alpaca for a lace shawl that Im going to be making here soon and some turquoise yarn to make a potato chip scarf (funny name I know). Then I found some awesome sock yarn, blue and orange, go gators!!

So my little sister is obsessed with the idea of me making socks. Not sure why. I can't justify making socks just yet. The yarn is so expensive. The hank of blue and orange was 24$. I could probably buy at least 10 pairs of socks for that price. So I have another project in mind for the yarn, and will hopefully get some help for it tomorrow before my personal training session. Lucky for me, they are in the same shopping center so I can knit and then go work out (rather, get my butt kicked).

And now, thanks to the lovely lady that I met on Wednesday at Knit!, I am addicted to Ravelry, its a huge site for knitters and yarn lovers. Plenty of patterns, people to talk to, etc. Its like Facebook for yarn addicts. haha. Boy am I in trouble now!!! So many patterns and sooo little time!!!

3 comments:

  1. Terrific blanket...do you have the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have the pattern? I have a nephew who has Down syndrome and he loves Elmo want to knot him a blanket for when he is in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have the pattern? I have a nephew who has Down syndrome and he loves Elmo want to knot him a blanket for when he is in the hospital.

    ReplyDelete