Thursday, February 25, 2010

St. Patty's Day dishcloths!



I just finished up these two today! The baby slept for almost 4 hours total so I was able to get a lot done. I'm still finishing up one last dishcloth in order to finish the set. So it will end up with 3 cloths, one 5.5 square, one 7.5 inch square and one 10 inch square! They turned out great! Just have to weave in the ends.

Now I just have to finish this Elmo blanket that is taking me forever! I unfortunately had to rip out a few rows. I wanted to work in the baby's name somehow, so I had my husband make me a grid on Excel. I finally got the grid right and started to work out the actual pattern to use in the middle block of the blanket. Well, let's just say my calculations were off, and his name was starting to appear in the lower left corner, which is not the correct corner. So I decided to just rip out 10 rows and leave his name out and just do Elmo for all the blocks. So much for that! oh well, it was a good experience on how to make grids and write a correct pattern for them!!!

Easter is coming up and Im really excited! I plan on making my mom some placemats and then attempting some Easter baskets with the yarn my grandma just bought me (thank you again!). Alright, off to knitting land!

No comments:

Post a Comment