Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cheshire Cat Scarf!


I'm actually making this for my mom, SHHH!!! I know she doesn't really read this, so its okay to post! Haha! Actually, Im kinda making it for both of us! Alice is coming to theaters soon and Ive had this microspun yarn for a few years now. Its a sport weight yarn, and its a pain to knit with, but they are the perfect colors! the pattern is really simple:

bias garter stitch scarf
row 1: k1, kfb, k to last 3 sts, k2tog, k1
row 2: knit all stitches

It gives the scarf a diagonal stripe pattern, perfect for that crazy cat!!! Im really proud of myself for only having 2 projects going at the same time. Normally its like 10!

Oh! went to a yarn shop yesterday on my day off. Its called Knit! and its about 40 minutes from my place, so it was a bit of a drive. They carry mostly cashmere, alpaca wool, silk and other fine yarns. It was a bit of a shock for me considering I knit with mostly acrylics. The prices are wayyyyy different too! I dropped 35$ on 4 small skeins of yarn! YIKES! I think I'll stick with my acrylics for most of my projects and only splurge at stores like Knit! for special pieces. I can't afford to spend that much on yarn!

And last but not least, the brag book is finished. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but for Kathryn and her friends, it will do. Hopefully it will generate some more interest! It doesn't help that it is starting to warm up! Well, back to knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment