Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My hands hurt!

Today started out miserable and ended well, miserable! It was good in the middle though! Actually was able to sleep in this morning, which is amazing! Attempted to change my name at the DMV only to find out that the social security office got their information wrong. So didn't get my name changed after all but did enjoy a nice lunch and shopping trip with the baby's grandpa. (The baby and his family are out of town this week, giving me the week off, yay!).

Anyways, got home around 3:30 and decided that I should start working on the acorn baby hat that my friend wants me to make her for an upcoming photo shoot with a new born baby. I want to get the hat done so that I can mail it to her and then return to Harry Potter.

The pattern is written for in the round, but I found it very frustrating working on double pointed needles to start, so I decided to just do it on circulars. Well that didnt work. Round 2: attempted to try it on double pointed needles again. Fail. Round 3: tried to work it on straight needles. Fail. Round 4: finally figured out how to transfer the pattern from in the round to straight needles. Success! At 9pm that is....

So now my hands hurt and Ive lost interest in the hat, even though its really cute, im dreading the decreases that I have to transfer out of the pattern...ugh... Hopefully it turns out cute and Ali gets some great pics with it....maybe then it will be worth all the trouble and pain.....

Hoping this hat goes by fast....time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment