Monday, July 26, 2010

Grand Opening of Hobby Lobby!!!


I finished my first sweater and as a reward I treated myself with a trip to Hobby Lobby!!!

Saturday I went over to Knit and got some guidance picking up stitches. Something about sitting at that table gives you sooo much confidence! The ladies were so happy for me and they said the sweater looked adorable. Can't wait for mom and my little sister to see it!

Sunday, we went over to Grandma's. I didn't have any buttons at home that would work with the sweater, but Grandma came to the rescue! After a little digging through her collection, I managed to find 5 white buttons that were all the same! I sewed them on right there in her living room! hehe.

Today was my first real day off this summer. So I took a day for me! YAY! The grand opening of Hobby Lobby just happened to be today (coincidence? I think not!). Could have easily dropped a few hundred in that store! They just have sooo many yarn colors and weights! I really had to work hard to keep the number of purchases down! I did good though and only spent 32$! However, I think I might go back with my little sister later this week and let her pick through some stuff! She always has a good eye for cute stuff!

Well, back to working on a baby blanket to match the sweater! Less than 2 weeks to finish it! And then I desperately need to get back to Harry Potter before I get distracted again!

No comments:

Post a Comment