Friday, June 18, 2010

Productive!




This week has gone by sooo slow! I have worked many more hours than I had originally thought between babysitting and teaching swim lessons. But that's okay, we need the money right now and I have my sister's help. It was just a long week!

However, I got a lot of knitting done! That feeling to start something new inspired me to make something off of my list of favorite patterns! I decided to make the big button hat since my sister is staying with us this week. I took her to Michaels the other day and she picked out a leopard print button in pink. The hat was a very easy knit and instead of using double pointed needles when I started decreasing, I used two circulars. Both ways are a pain, but using the two circulars is probably easier, less needles getting in the way. The hat turned out super cute and I love the decreases and how they create a star effect on the top of the hat.

I finished the hat yesterday and began working on the potato chip scarf again. I was getting really bored with it so I asked my sister if she liked the length. She did! So I snipped the yarn off the ball and closed it up. It also looks super cute! Ive been working on that one forever it seems like! So now I am down to the house warming afghan.....and:

A triangle shawl and a baby cocoon! HAHA, can never have just one project going can I? I started the triangle shawl awhile back. Still not sure if I am happy with it yet, but its coming along nicely.

When we go to DC, we are staying with my friend and her husband. She is a photographer. She has asked me to make her things before, like the cupcake hats. This time, she will be shooting newborns and asked me to make some elf-ish hats and a baby cocoon. Im trying to get the cocoon done before we leave next week so I can just give it to her then. Ive never made one before and I am finding that the existing patterns are not helpful, so Im having to make mine up as I go. Hopefully it works out!

Well, back to painting with my sister. Got off work a few hours early today. Might actually have time to get something else done! WOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment