Monday, January 17, 2011

Long weekend with the In Laws!!

Things around here have been insane.... So this past weekend, the husband, lil sis, and I escaped to my in-laws house in the woods in the panhandle. It was a much needed break for all of us! We had an awesome time knitting, cooking, and doing some archery. I think my lil sis had the most fun of all! Unfortunately, I discovered that I am extremely allergic to my husband's cat (he rescued Shadow Fox when he was in college, and the cat now resides at his parent's house). So here I am, unable to sleep due to the worst sinus headache I have ever experienced! I can't breathe, and therefore sleep is not an option at the moment until the meds kick in. Tomorrow I will be heading to the doctor to see if he can give me something to help.... but the kitty is too cute! I love Shadow Fox, I just can't go near him or be in the same house unless I am heavily drugged....

Anyways, before we left, and before the cold temps came back, I was able to finish Grandma's scarf, only silly me forgot to take a picture of it before I sent it to her!! AHHH!! So next time I go over I will have to get that picture... Im just glad I was able to finish it before the weather got warm again!

Over the weekend, I started the Hash Marks scarf for my MIL. I decided to use FSU colors and so far its really cool looking! I have never done slipped stitches before, or even color changes with slipped stitches. I love the effect!!! Can't wait to get some pictures of that one too!

And then of course is the Birthday Surprise scarf that still needs to be finished....maybe tomorrow while Im waiting for the doctor. Im really hoping to get some rest tomorrow too after I can breathe long enough to lay down... *sigh* and then hopefully Ill get back to work by Wednesday.

Until then, Family Guy with the hubby, and Dr. Quinn tomorrow while attempting to rest. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment